Special Tours January 2018
Monday 1st January 2018: 11am and 2pm
- Tuesday 2nd January 2018: 11am and 2pm
- Friday 26th January 2018: 11am and 2pm
Conducted each Sunday and Wednesday at 11am and 2pm. Extra tours are organised for public holiday weekends.
- Tours are conducted by the Friends of J Ward volunteers
- Tours commence from the Grano Street entrance
- Age limits – parental discretion advised
- Accessibility – stairs, no wheelchairs
- Toilets – available during the tour
- Photos – yes
- Participants will gain a greater understanding of the history of Victorian Mental Health System.
Tickets can be purchased online (below) or in person at:
Ararat and Grampians Visitor Information Centre,
91 High Street, Ararat.
Phone: 1800 657 158
- Concession $18
- Child (16 and under) $10
- Family (2 adults, 2 children) $50
Concession applies to Aged Pensioners, Seniors Card holders
and pre-booked groups of ten or more. Group tours can be organised at
any time. The cost is $18 per head for minimum of 10 people, or $180.
Ghost Tours of J Ward Asylum for the Criminally Insane are available. Please contact Lantern Ghost Tours, Ph. 1300 390 119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.